Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Science Fair Proposal

  1. The brutality of a professional boxing match is directly proportional to the amount of people that watch the match.
  2.  Dependent: Amount of people that watch
     Independent: Brutality of the match
     Control: Number of fights shown
  3. The connection between my science fair project and and my EQ is that they both pertain to finding out what makes boxing attractive and how to attract more viewers. 
  4. I will have 5 identical computers and line them up side by side. Each computer will display 5 different fights. Then I'll ask 22 people, one at a time, to choose the least interesting fight then eliminate the selected fight and ask them to choose the next least interesting fight and continue that until one fight is left. I'll also randomize the line-up of the fights to prevent bias toward the middle. 
  5. Behavioral Science

2 comments:

  1. If a boxing match's brutality is high, then more people will watch the match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. If the human body under goes some sort of shock, then its heart rate and blood pressure will go up.
    2. Dependent: Heart rate and blood pressure
    Independent: The initial shock
    Control: How the shock is applied
    3. There isn't really a direct connection between the experiment and my topic other than the fact that my topic is boxing and my experiment has a connection with being punched in boxing.
    4. I'll gather at least 22 people. I'll have them sit on a stool or chair. Then I'll hook the subject up to a sphygmomanometer and a heart rate monitor(or something like that) and tell them to relax. I'll record the "relaxed" values on the two monitors. Then I'll apply the initial shock, which is to make them almost fall backwards. Then record the "shocked" values on the monitors.
    5. Physiology

    ReplyDelete